Putting your house up for sale involves more than just putting a sign in the front yard. Buyers are using sites like Zillow or Realtor.com more and more to find home listings before ever setting foot in the door, and sellers need to be just as savvy when listing their home.
We’ve put together a list of the best ways to make the most of your property listing and sell your house fast.
Show your property in the best light
First impressions matter. When a potential buyer sees your home for the first time, chances are it will be through a property listing service. This is why showing your home in the proper light can make all the difference.
Before you pick up the camera, make sure you follow these easy steps:
- Landscaping and lawn maintenance are crucial. Make sure the grass is cut, bushes and trees are trimmed, and leaves or debris is cleared away.
- Cleaning the outside of your home can be just as important as cleaning the inside. Wash the windows, power wash the exterior (but gently, don’t strip the paint), or maybe consider a fresh coat of paint altogether before snapping those pics.
- Pull your car out of the driveway. It sounds easy, but don’t overlook this one. You may love your truck, but it’s taking up valuable real estate (literally). You’re selling your house, so let the buyers see it.
- Let there be light! Open the blinds and drapes to allow as much natural light into your home as possible. This goes for doors as well. Your home should look open and inviting. Artificial lighting can discolor images if your camera is not adjusted properly, and natural light is a big selling point. Use natural light instead of interior lighting whenever possible.
- Maximize the available space. When taking pictures of the interior of your home, stand in the doorway just outside of the room to show the full size of the space (be careful not to let the door frame show!).
The Devil is in the Details
Sometimes the best features of your home won’t show up well in pictures. Describe those things in text on the property listing site. Self-closing cabinets, marble countertops, or Internet connected amenities may not be easily noticed, but can add thousands to the value of your home.
Be descriptive, and be detailed. Talk about the things you love about your home. Does the back yard get plenty of shade in the afternoons? Is your home conveniently located near parks, restaurants, or stores? Tell them all about it. Make potential buyers feel like they’re home before they even set foot inside.
Timing is everything
The three rules of real estate used to be location, location, location. While it is still important, location is no longer the only thing that matters. The time of year can be an important factor in selling your home.
Summer has its advantages – great light, flowers in bloom, and good weather for showings. But winter means less competition and more serious buyers. Each has its pros and cons, all of which should be seriously considered before listing your property.
Let us do the work for you
How and when you list your property can have an enormous impact on how fast your property sells and the value of your home. Listing and selling a home can be difficult and time consuming, especially if time is an issue or the house is in need of repairs.
Why not let Local Cash Buyers do all of the work for you? We purchase homes as-is, pay cash, and close quickly. Visit our F.A.Q. page to learn more about the process, or contact us or give us a call at 469-250-0018 today!