When you’re trying to sell house fast in Mesquite, TX, you might feel so ready to get out of your home that getting the best price isn’t your biggest concern. But that doesn’t mean that this factor should be overlooked. Your house has value and deserves a competitive offer, especially in a popular DFW suburb like Mesquite.
With the following tips, you can still sell your house quickly while settling on a decent purchase price from the buyer.
Do Your Research
Throughout your research on comparable homes that recently sold in your area of Mesquite, pay attention to the following:
- Sale Price
- List Price
- Time on market
- School district (Were they in Dallas ISD or Mesquite ISD?)
- Any other factor like home condition, size, or features, that could influence your strategy. If a certain part of town or type of home is becoming trendy keep that in mind.
Going back several months or even years into the public documents and comparing the data to today’s numbers can give you an idea of where the market might be headed, which will also be a factor in choosing the best approach for selling your house fast. Keeping up with publications that cover your local real estate market can also give you timely insight.
Make Your Best Price Your First Price
Many sellers make the mistake of setting their price high to see if anyone will bid and then coming back down on money later. But this strategy can backfire if your home ends up sitting on the market and going stale, or has to be taken off the market and then put back up at a lower price.
In either situation buyers will start to wonder if there’s something majorly wrong with the home. So take advantage of the research you’ve done and price your home similarly to others like it in Mesquite as soon as it goes on the market.
A seller’s agent will take care of all the marketing, but if you’re going it alone, try the following methods:
- List the home with information that’s as complete as possible on major real estate sites like Zillow, Trulia, and Redfin. Oftentimes the listing will be syndicated from these large sites to many other smaller sites.
- Post professional photographs.
- Upload a Youtube video tour of the home
- Announce the sale of your home on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. You might have a friend of a friend that’s looking in Mesquite!
When planning your home’s debut on to major real estate sites, try to post on a Thursday or Friday so it’ll appear as a fresh listing to buyers deciding which homes to tour during the weekend.
Stage to Sell
We’ve mentioned many ways to stage your house to sell fast on this blog before, so just remember the basics:
- Clean thoroughly
- Remove clutter
- Turn on lights and open windows (make sure those windows are also clean!)
- Boost curb appeal with some basic landscaping
Even taking these simple staging steps will give your home an inviting air that draws in buyers and helps them imagine living there.
Hold an Open House
Soon after the house hits the market it’s time to schedule an open house on a weekend morning or afternoon. This serves two purposes: first, more buyers will stop by the home and second, all those buyers will see each other, giving them the impression that this home is popular and could go fast.
Just make sure the house is in tip-top shape before inviting all those potential buyers in to make the most of the opportunity.
Set a Deadline for Offers
This tactic also serves multiple purposes:
- It puts pressure on interested buyers to make an offer sooner.
- It has potential to encourage multiple offers.
- It helps move the sale process along for you, ensuring that you indeed sell your house fast in Mesquite, TX.
Just make sure the deadline, with a date and a time, is clearly laid out.
By maximizing the short time you have to sell your Mesquite house fast, you’ll drastically decrease the possibility of leaving money on the table. You’re much more likely to get the best deal possible and still sell the house as fast as possible.