It’s no secret that the housing market in and around Dallas is hot. But do you know how hot? Take a look at these stats:
- Dallas home prices are up 8.6 percent compared to the rest of the nation.
- Prices in the area are ahead of the housing boom price peaks by 13 percent.
- DFW ranked as the fifth best area to build or invest in real estate according to a report from the Urban Land Institute.
It all adds up to a strong sellers market. Simply put, if you’ve been waiting for the perfect time to sell your Dallas house fast, now is the time to do it. And the climbing home market we’re seeing doesn’t look like it’ll drop soon for a variety of reasons:
- Job Growth: Corporate headquarters are flocking to DFW with 106 expanding or relocating here since 2010. Toyota, State Farm, and Liberty Mutual are just a few of the companies that have decided to head down south, and they’re bringing thousands of jobs with them.
- Population Growth: With all those jobs coming to the Metroplex, families are relocating in huge numbers. Demand for housing is high.
- Low Supply: For the past two years the inventory of pre-owned homes on the market has been at about a two-month supply. A normal supply is about six months.
For homeowners who want to get out of the houses fast because they’ve inherited probate property, are facing foreclosure, are going through a divorce, or any other reason, it’s the perfect time to sell. So what are your options?
In these situations a short sale is an option that many people turn to. Consider it when you’re weighing all your options, but know that it’s a complicated process that takes time and the help of professionals.
Hire a Realtor
You can also go the traditional route and list your home with a realtor. Depending on your situation, that might be the best option to sell your house. But if you need to relocate quickly, it’s a process that can take months. If your house needs extensive repairs, the property will sit on the market and go stagnant, drawing out the selling process.
A “Subject To” Sale
We can buy your home “subject to” the existing mortgage. As soon as the sale is final (within 7 to 10 days) we continue making payments and the note remains in your name. You’re free from any ties to the house while your credit rebuilds.
If you haven’t been sure of when to sell your Dallas house, right now is an opportune time. An influx of people and jobs coupled with a stunted supply have created a strong seller’s market, and you’ve never had more options for getting buyers to consider making an offer on your property.
Need to sell your Dallas house fast? We buy North Texas homes. Contact us by filling out a form or calling us at 469-250-0018 to get a free, no obligation, written cash offer within 24 hours. We’d love the chance to buy your house!