Rockwall is in a perfect position to take full advantage of the growth in north Texas. It’s just 20 minutes from downtown Dallas and right on Lake Ray Hubbard. If you’re about to move, or have inherited a property and need to sell it, we’ve got 5 tips for selling your Rockwall, TX property fast.
Your home’s exterior is the first thing a potential buyer is going to see, and first impressions matter. Of course this means mowing your lawn, but to really impress buyers, get your hands dirty.
- Trim those bushes and trees. Overgrown bushes and trees can make a yard look wild.
- If it’s spring or summer, plant some new flowers. Pick bright colors to give your yard the wow factor.
- Put down a new cover of mulch. This can take an ordinary flower bed or row of bushes and make it look like a manicured garden.
- Wash the exterior of your home. Powerwash the siding, or maybe put on a new coat of paint.
Doing these things will have positive results on the time it takes to sell your home fast and on your home’s value.
What Really Matters is What’s Inside
Once you’ve wowed them with the exterior, keep it going on the inside. Of course by now everyone knows the old realtor trick of baking cookies during an open house, but here are a few simple things you can do to make sure buyers don’t leave hungry.
- De-clutter the rooms. You love your stuff, but nobody else does. Put away the knick-knacks, remove small appliances from the kitchen counter (not the coffee maker, have coffee ready), and clean out the garage.
- Use the right furniture in the right rooms. Your dining room should have a table and chairs, and your office needs a desk. However you’re using these spaces, let the buyer see them as they were meant to be.
- Open the curtains. This lets in the natural light and makes the rooms look bigger. Make sure you dust first, sunlight can highlight dust particles!
Keep the design simple, open, and proper. This will keep buyers thinking about what they will do with the space, instead of what you have done with it.
If it’s Broke, Fix it
Minor repairs can have a major impact. Obviously an entire remodel can add significant value to a home, but not everyone has the time or the money for this. Smaller repairs can have an impact too.
- Clean the grout! The grout in your bathroom and kitchen needs a little TLC. Break out the bleach pen and brighten up everyone’s day.
- New fixtures can turn a fixer-upper into a dream home. New sink or shower fixtures can really impress a buyer, or maybe a new light fixture will brighten their day.
- Don’t let loose handles close the door on your sale. Tighten any handles that jiggle, and if anything squeaks, give it some WD-40.
Doing a few simple things around the house can add up to a sale. Make sure you’ve taken care of everything on your to-do list before your house goes on the market.
Show it Off
Cancel your weekend plans. I know it sounds rough, but you’re selling a house, not having a yard sale. Be available to show your home whenever possible. If this means getting up early for an open house, or if it means cancelling dinner plans, then that’s what you need to do.
Be ready to answer questions. These days, buyers are more astute than ever, and they know all the right questions to ask. Flood zones, property taxes, soil movement – buyers are well-versed in all of these issues. You need to be ready with the right answers.
Price it Right
Make sure you do what is necessary to find the right buyer for your home, at the right price. Asking for either too much or too little can have serious repercussions on how long it takes to sell your home.
Obviously, if you price your home too low, you’ll be missing out on thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars. Make sure you’re aware of the current market, and where your house falls on the spectrum.
You can have just as many problems if you price your home too high. Sure, you can always reduce the price, but the longer your house sits on the market, the less interested buyers become. It may seem like there are serious issues with the house, or that you’re are asking for far too much money. Either reason can be a turnoff for buyers.
In the end, it’s important to find a middle ground on all of these issues. There is always going to be a little more you could do as a seller, so trying to get everything done can wear you down. Speak with a real estate agent for a professional opinion, and do what’s best for your particular situation.
All of this can seem like a lot of work, especially if you’re trying to sell your house quickly. Local Cash Buyers can give you a fair price for your home without the hassle. We’ll make a cash offer within 24 hours, and can close in as little as a week. Fill out our form or call us at 469-701-1666 today to learn more!